Friday, June 16, 2006

Green Grass

Its been really busy where I work lately. Who knows why and there probably is no real reason. I've given up looking for reasons, public events, full moons and weird calendar dates like 06.06.06. That's just the way it is. On the day shifts we've been leaving branch before 7 am and getting back late, often without so much as a glimmer of a meal break. I've been living on muesli bars and diet coke out of my bag in the truck. Really healthy stuff.

On the night shifts it just doesn't stop. Back to branch to re-stock and then out again for more. Its strange when you then talk to some of the other cars who are only a suburb or two away and get told they have not turned a wheel after midnight. I know the dispatchers are trying to maintain coverage, but surely they could drag a couple of the quieter peripheral cars out of bed and get them to take just a few of the jobs, You know, maybe share the love a little?

The upside of this (there is always an upside) is that I've been getting home so tired that I have been sleeping really well after night shifts. Despite being loaded with caffeine I'm managing to sleep all the way through til mid afternoon when my alarm goes off. Although all the stuff I usually get up and do between nightshifts is getting neglected. My neighbour just asked me if I'd like to borrow his lawn mower - do you think he's trying to tell me something?

1 comment:

rob said...

You too. Any theories on why? :)