Thursday, June 15, 2006

Rugby

I took a night off and went to an English pub the other night to watch the rugby. England Vs the Wallabies in Sydney. I figured it would be a bit of rowdy fun to watch the crowd get all worked up as England did the usual and kicked the "wobblies" out of the park. When Australia ended up winning 34-3 there was a fair dampener on the mood. Everyone turned their backs on the TV, started downing even more pints and talking about the World Cup instead. Stangely I woke up with a headache.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you an England supporter then? I assumed you were an aussie.

rob said...

No I'm not an England supporter and you assumed correctly - I just went along for the whole English pub atmosphere thing - it was great!

Anonymous said...

where did you go for todays fabulous game?

rob said...

Missed watching it Rosey - I was at work...again.