Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Spirit

Ah, Christmas is upon us once again. Oh Joy. I could write about the rampant consumerism or the dog eat dog, me first performances at the store checkouts. But I won't. I could write about the two women we attended in the shopping centre car park on Thursday who had ended up in a hair pulling, hissing, tangled heap on the ground until the security guards pulled them apart and tried to ascertain who actually saw the empty car parking space first. These women would now have scratches and bruises to show off to their kids over the Christmas dinner. Hey mum pass me the gravy and tell me what Christmas really means to you. Or the guy at the police station who had now suddenly become "unconscious" after being told that being 3 x over the legal blood alcohol limit was "not kewl", oh and trying to outrun a highway patrol vehicle in your Kia hatch was genius, pure genius. On a positive note, the police sergeant did seem to be genuinely amused at how much faith this guy had in his little piece of South Korean automotive history. I was also amused at his attempts to not fall off the chair and hit the floor while being "unconscious". His miraculous recovery after being told he was going to lose his licence regardless of whether he stayed "unconscious" or not, was simply a Christmas miracle. I could write about many of these things, but I wont. Because I am determined that all those mean spirited, selfish people out there are not going to dampen my Christmas spirit. I have a box of shortbread on the dash of the ambulance, some tinsel on the grille and a big smile on my face.

Have a good and safe Christmas all.

2 comments:

JPJess said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! May you have a pleasant day, with a distinct lack of imbeciles!

lsn said...

Merry Christmas, and I hope you had an uneventful one.

Also still killing myself laughing at tne Kia story. Absolutely brilliant. The shopping centre one sadly fails to surprise me.