Friday, February 10, 2012

The watcher

The watcher was on shift again today.

I met her at a car accident. Her partner was doing all the work.
It doesn't matter how sick the patient is - she just stands there and watches everybody else work.
The watcher will do only what she is asked. No more. She just likes to watch.

When she was a student - I thought she was just overwhelmed.
Now she is qualified. Maybe she is still overwhelmed. But she doesn't look it.
She just looks disinterested. It frustrated me at first. Now, when I see patient care suffering because of it - it makes me angry.

I am ready to say something to the watcher. I want to remind her she is part of a team. I want to tell her that I believe patient care is very important. But you can hardly say boo to somebody now (no matter how nice you are) without being accused of bullying.

Suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs a new job. Some people forget how important the team is in this job.

Anonymous said...

We have one of these too! You should def say something to her.

Unknown said...

nice information. Thanks for sharing this with us.

On Examination MRCP Part 2

Unknown said...

I found one other site having excellent information and thanks for show this site.

Usmle Tutor

Unknown said...

Very beneficial information. Thanks for informing.


Usmle Medical Books Store