Friday, February 10, 2012

The watcher

The watcher was on shift again today.

I met her at a car accident. Her partner was doing all the work.
It doesn't matter how sick the patient is - she just stands there and watches everybody else work.
The watcher will do only what she is asked. No more. She just likes to watch.

When she was a student - I thought she was just overwhelmed.
Now she is qualified. Maybe she is still overwhelmed. But she doesn't look it.
She just looks disinterested. It frustrated me at first. Now, when I see patient care suffering because of it - it makes me angry.

I am ready to say something to the watcher. I want to remind her she is part of a team. I want to tell her that I believe patient care is very important. But you can hardly say boo to somebody now (no matter how nice you are) without being accused of bullying.

Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone needs a new job. Some people forget how important the team is in this job.

Anonymous said...

We have one of these too! You should def say something to her.